Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And now there are eight . . . WITH UPDATE!

Something is getting the chickens.  I've lost another.  Now there are just Buster the rooster and seven hens.  It makes me sad.

Next week, Allen and I are going to start working on a large pen for the remaining chickens.  Just too many wild critters around here to let them range free.

UPDATE:  I just went out to let the remaining eight chickens out of the Moop, and when I started to run up the garage door, I heard a loud clucking!  Well, well, well, Miss Number Nine spent the night in the garage!  Such joy I felt to see her!!  This is a very happy day!!!

More later on the 42 new chicks from this year - with pics.  I'm giving up on finding the camera I lost a few months ago and purchasing a new one today.  Hopefully I will be able to get some good pics of the baby swallows in a nest over my front door.  The old camera just can't get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment