Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yes, I'm still here . . .

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm still here.  This morning the last of my paperwork will be faxed to OEFFA, my certifying agency for organic certification.  What a load off!

The big thing on my schedule for the week is to get a corner post fixed and fencing cleaned up, and to move the little (not so little any more!) chicks into the new chicken run.  The older ones will go there as well, and if we can keep them contained, I may have more eggs.

No eggs in the nests for three days now, but when I was watering some flowers, I found a nice little indentation with four eggs yesterday afternoon!  They will have to be boiled, because I am not sure of their age, but I happily brought them to the house.  I was down to five eggs in the fridge, and have been limiting myself to only one egg per day.  I love my eggs, and I was glad to find those four yesterday.  I wonder if they will lay in there again today.  Probably not.  Once I find one of their spots, they never go back.

Such weird little birds they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment