Saturday, November 7, 2009

Busy Saturdays

It was very busy at market today.  Nice to have the cash register full at the end of the day, but it was hard work, don't think I sat down more than a couple of minutes all day.

It is dark so early now, with daylight savings time over.  I buttoned up the chickens at just a little after 6:00 p.m.  There is one girl that is always running around outside until the last minute, but I convinced her to hop in so that I didn't have to make a second trip out.

Lucy and another cow (Buttercup) decided they didn't care to be milked tonight, so I had to go out and help the milkers round them up.  I don't know what their problem was, but I do seem to have a Pied Piper effect on them, and after a few minutes of them walking past the door instead of through it, they finally did their thing and went in to be milked.  No brownie points for them today.

This weather is absolutely beautiful!  It must have gotten to at least 75º today.  We have started moving the cows back out to pasture, new paddock each day, taking advantage of the last bits of fresh grass before they go on their "hay only" diet for the winter.

Well, I'm calling it a day.  There will be more time to write tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment