Monday, November 28, 2016

Some days are good, some days are bad, but time heals (I hope)

I have been on an emotional roller coaster since the election. I'm trying hard to see the good that Donald may bring to our country, but it has been hard to ignore the bad . . . the uptick in hate crimes, young men grabbing women's breasts and saying it is okay because he said so, his cabinet picks (mostly appalling!), the effort right here in my home state to rescind laws that were passed to protect the LGBTQ community. Enough said about that. For now I wear my safety pin and live with it. If you don't know about it, click on this link: Safety Pin movement

I was shopping in a local store and the person waiting on me saw my pin. He was so helpful, and our conversation wandered away from sport watches. He had seen the pin, told me he was part of the LGBTQ community and was very happy to see the pin. Before I moved on to another part of the store, we hugged. There is goodness out there.

My old dog Tashi continues to have good days and bad. My mood rides the waves with her. If she eats with gusto, I am happy all day - until the next meal when she walks away and refuses to eat. Tashi developed a hot spot. Benedryl took care of the itching, but it was infected. I went to vet, felt the yarrow cream and Benedryl might not be enough. They trimmed hair away and cleaned it up. She is on a round of prednisone, which some people say is bad for dogs. However, if you have a dog that refuses to eat about half the time, it is a good thing. She is eating better. I am hoping it will change her eating habits, and that she will continue to eat well after the medicine is out of her system. And the hot spot is healing up nicely, no itching at all. She is also on antibiotics. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. My friends who are into using natural cures thought I shouldn't have gone the prednisone and antibiotic route, but I chose to do it, and so far am happy with her response.

I have been getting kind of pudgy - no weight gain, but very soft around the middle. Depressing. When you quit throwing around bales of hay and hoisting milk cartons into the trunk, you get soft. So I started doing Crossfit. You do not know the meaning of pain and exhaustion until you have done your first Crossfit workout! But the belly is getting flat. No weight loss, but I don't really care. 5:30 am, three days a week. Feeling good!

So that's a summary of my recent ups and downs. There will be more. Tashi is snoring gently at my feet, and I was able to put weight on the bar when doing backsquats this morning. Definitely an "up" day. Hope yours is too.








No comments:

Post a Comment