Thursday, August 24, 2017

New bread baking process this morning!

WOW!!

Well, I used my couche, bread flipper and burn prevention gloves for the first time this morning. Oh, WOW! I cannot believe how beautiful the bread is turning out.

I am a bit clumsy with flipping the loaves directly onto the baking stone, and I made the first five loaves a little too long. One of them has a bent tip where it was too long for the baking stone.

The texture is unbelievable! Take a look at these pics.

Loaves rising in the couche

Loaves baking directly on baking stone - no pans anymore!

First loaves out of the oven - 10 more to go

Look at the crumb, the texture - perfection! 

3 comments:

  1. You have always been so talented at bread baking. Hope the mixers are working and the double oven is still going strong for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stove was a challenge, but I finally know how to tweak it so that I get good bread. I use the small oven for proofing the dough, the large one for baking on the stone. I get such a buzz out of baking bread.

      Delete
  2. You always did. It was fun watching u making it. I haven't made any in a few years. Need to though get out of my slump.

    ReplyDelete