Friday, July 5, 2013

Cherries galore!

Sour cherries
I have been eating my fill of sour red cherries.  About 10 years ago, I belonged to a board called Indiana Nut Growers, and one of the members offered up some cherry trees (really, nothing more than shoots) for $4 to cover his postage.  I got three of them.  Two survived.  I have had a few cherries over the past few years, but this year there is a bumper crop.

They are eye-wincing sour, but so goooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!  I have heard that they are good for any kind of inflammatory disease, and I believe it.  My bursitis has been very calm lately.

Today I sent Androo out to pick for a couple of market baskets that will be picked up tomorrow.  People are delighted to get them.  My strawberries didn't do much, so I am glad that I can give them plenty of cherries.  Here is why.  Take a look at this!

Plump and juicy!

Isn't this a beautiful sight?

The chickens love them, too.



Need a ladder for the top branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment