Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chickens 1, Susan 0

The chickens are going wherever they please!  They have been running free too long to stay in that pen.  Tonight Buster was at least 15 feet up in a tree, crowing with gusto!  I fear he is laughing at me.

On their first day of "captivity," all ten of them were out of the pen by the time I was done milking.  So much for putting line up to keep them in.  However, the fence does give me some sense of security, since there is no evidence of anything skulking around their Moop at night.  So while it is not keeping them in, it is keeping the skulker out.  There is something to be said for that.

They are happily returning to the Moop at roosting time now.  I am finding about three eggs in the nests every day.  Occasionally I find one on the ground.  That has happened often enough to convince me that it is yet another of their bad habits.

They have no manners, will not be trained, and they are definitely winning . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment