Monday, June 11, 2012

He's baaaaack - but not for long

This morning I lifted the lid on the engine compartment of the Moop and there he was, staring up at me, none the worse for his fight with Tashi the day before.  Raccoons have such beautiful faces.  We stared at each other, and I finally admitted defeat and lowered the lid.  He, of course, was feasting on the chicken he killed yesterday.

I called Ed at Gold Star Nuisance Animal Control.  He has the booth across the aisle from mine at the Farmers Market.  He was here in a couple of hours, got the raccoon and left with him, much to Tashi's chagrin.  She was ready for Round 2.

So the raccoon is gone.  Ed tells me that farmers he knows have had good success by running a police scanner in the area where raccoons are a problem.  I guess I will try that.  I don't want to pay to have a raccoon carted off every week. 

I got quite a few eggs today, although I think the Campines have taken to hiding theirs again.  Wise thing to do when there is a thief in our midst.


No comments:

Post a Comment