Friday, June 8, 2012

Success - of sorts

Yesterday, I got one dozen eggs, all intact.  I was quite happy.  Not sure which of the changes made the most difference, but I followed the same routine today.  One egg eaten, which was disappointing.  We will see how it goes tomorrow.

Egg production is down, even counting the empty shells.  I wonder if the older and wiser chickens are finding new places to lay their eggs so that they cannot be picked at.

I found a new nest - behind the air conditioner of all places.  I saw the hen sitting back there.  Ricky Ricardo cackles when a chicken lays an egg.  Are roosters supposed to do that?  I thought it was the hen who did the bragging.  Anyway, I saw him by the air conditioner cackling to beat the band, and lo and behold, there was an egg.   It was a brown egg, which is unusual.  It is usually the Campines who hide their eggs.  But these are dangerous times.

I wonder when and where I will find all of the eggs that are being hidden.  Sigh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment