Friday, March 26, 2010

To Market, To Market

Two or three days a week, I go to market to deliver raw milk and to sell at my booth.  Annemarie opens for me on Tuesdays, and during late winter she runs it for me all day on Thursdays.  But soon greenhouse plants will be coming in with me, and then I will go back to being there three days a week.  When May 1 rolls around, the market will open on Fridays as well.  Annemarie doesn't come in on Fridays, so I make a valiant attempt to get there by 9 or 9:30.

I enjoy being at the market, and I enjoy the people I work with.  They are good, hard-working people.  Here are some of their pictures.



































Kay  is our office manager.  Marie is the Market Manager.  Bill makes the world's best Angel Food cake!  He also sells homemade jams, jellies and salsas.  Tasting is encouraged, but no double dipping!!  Julie has been at the market for over 40 years, and she makes booties and other knitted and crocheted items. Annemarie is Julie's daughter.  She helps her mom and also helps me with my booth.  Esther is truly organic, never ever has used the nasties on her garden.  If I run out of certified organic produce, her booth is the first place I send people.


There are over 100 booths at the market.  These are just a few from my neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment