Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moving the Moop

We finished the fencing and moved the Moop into the new chicken run, a distance of about 20 feet.  Last night, only five of the nine chickens spent the night in it.  It was nearly dark when I got home from Purple Porch, and I couldn't find the four others.  This morning, they were there, hanging around the back door of the Moop, waiting for the other chickens to be released.

Tonight I made sure I went out earlier.  I had eight of them close to the Moop, should have closed the fence, but I didn't and two escaped.  I put the other six inside, so I got in one more tonight than last night.

Before I got them into the new area, they all hung around the spot where the Moop formerly sat.  It is just a spot on the lawn with no grass, bare dirt, where it has rested for the last year.  But apparently they still call that home.

The remaining three are roosting within a few feet of one another in a tree very close to where the Moop was sitting.  Only twenty feet, that's all, but they are not going to rest easily at their new address.

Funny little creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment