Monday, May 12, 2014

Where was spring?

I am suffering from the heat already.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.  I do not do well in hot and humid weather, although a month ago I thought I would welcome it.  Nope, I am not welcoming it.

We went from snow in April to blistering hot temperatures, including a record breaker last week.  Argh!

It has been very, very, VERY dry out here.  We had about an inch of rain the whole month of April.  I finally broke out the sprinklers.  The guys set them up and took the hoses down to the garden.  Sunday after church I got them running and situated so that most of the garden got a good dose.  I watered for about six hours - and then the rain came.  Just thought I would let you know that I am the reason it rained.  In fact, my forecast says we are going to get a whole week of it.  Fine with me.  And after today (it's the last day for the temp to reach 80º for the next 10 days) it will gradually cool off.  Also, very much all right with me.

Well, enough kvetching about the weather - as if I didn't have anything better to do.  Back to balancing the checkbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment