Sunday, December 5, 2010

Six eggs - all white

Oh, those Campines!  They do not know the meaning of winter.  Six eggs yesterday, all white, four of them pullet eggs.  These are Belgian chickens.  I wonder if that has something to do with it - they were developed in a country far to the north.  Belgium's latitude is about 50º, ours is about 40º and Anchorage, AK is about 61º.  So it is actually quite a bit to the north of us.

These Campines think they are in the south, compared to the daylight hours they experienced in the land where they were developed.  Well, I'm all for it.  Now that I have five different breeds of chickens around here, I thought I might not be so in love with the Campines.  I am.  They are my favorites, even if they don't let me pick them up and cuddle them!

No comments:

Post a Comment