Sunday, April 4, 2010

Exhaustion is setting in . . .

There seems to be no end to the work.  I don't know where to begin - or when to stop.

I truly do try to make Sunday my day of rest.  I didn't do too badly.  Went to church, then visited with a good friend afterward.  She has the most wonderful strawberry bed, and mine took a hit during the winter of 2009, with temperatures reaching 26º below zero.  I left her place with about 30 plants.  Okay, that is another job, isn't it?  But when I came home, I didn't plant strawberries because I realized that I had forgotten to plant more basil on the last "leaf" day.  I had a half hour before the calendar said it was time for "fruit," so I ran out to the greenhouse and put in enough seeds for about 200 pots of basil, three stems to a pot.  By the time I was done, calendar had flipped to "fruit" and I began potting up tomato seedlings.  I had to print up labels and then was interrupted by another leak in the water line that had to be dealt with immediately.  In the end, I only got 60 tomato plants potted up.  There are about 1,500 more waiting for me.  Sigh . . .

Potatoes will go in Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, root days.  I'm going back to Phyllis's for our monthly handwork circle, a pleasant time, always.  I'm knitting a pair of socks - well, I'm only knitting ONE sock right now.  Two at once would be quite a feet - I'm mean feat - wouldn't you say?  Androo will be planting the last of the Ailsa Craig onions that we started in the atrium in January while I am relaxing with my friends.  There have to be a few days like that, hey?

It is raining a bit again.  Perfect weather for all of those plants we put in on Friday.  While I wish I could call on the elves to plant and seed while I sleep, I will settle for the continued cooperation of Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment