Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Taking a day off from market

It is cold here today, and windy.  It is impossible to keep the house at a decent temperature with just the wood stoves, and I need to keep it a little warmer than I usually do now that there is a bird living here.  Bob will not do well if it falls to 60º in here, a temperature that the other pets and I tolerate quite well.  Furnace is running, and both wood stoves are going full throttle.  I am not used to having to pay the power company for heat.  The next bill will not be pleasant!

It reached a low of about -2º at 8:00 this morning.  High is predicted to be in single digits.  But it will be a little warmer tomorrow, and if the long range forecast is anything close to correct, we should see 50º or higher by the end of the month.  We need some of this cold weather to kill bug eggs in the soil though.  Mild winters mean a plethora of tics the following summer.

I'm going to work some more on my income tax.  I keep finding things that need to be dealt with.  For some reason, Clay's first three months of the year didn't get put in the right file.  It's a good thing I'm a pack rat and kept all of his time cards!

Well, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment